Methadone is a synthetic prescription opioid that is also a painkiller, with effects that are similar to morphine. It’s mostly used to help taper people off of other opioids during detox. However, some people become addicted to methadone itself. Rehab for the drug may be needed.
As of the latest report from the CDC in 2016, more than 40% of all opioid overdose deaths in the US were caused by prescription opioids. In the top three of those opioids is methadone (followed by oxycodone and hydrocodone).
Methadone is a narcotic that tends to have a slower onset, so it’s used as a withdrawal treatment option because users don’t experience the same high they do with most other drugs. The goal in the beginning by doctors was to create a pain reliever with effects similar to morphine but without the addictive elements.
Although methadone is not intended to be addictive, people may become accustomed to the short time it takes for their pain to disappear. If addiction occurs, methadone rehab may be necessary. JourneyPure provides care for those in need of rehab in the state of Kentucky.
Methadone Addiction Treatment
JourneyPure Bowling Green’s methadone rehab in Kentucky has successfully helped many people overcome their addiction through a combination of counseling, individual and group therapy sessions, and experiential activities.
Our trained and caring staff is well aware of what it’s like to go through early recovery, and because of that, we are able to offer the best care available.
We understand that each person needs their own specific path to recovery, and we offer customized treatment plans that can be tailor-made to your individual needs.
At JourneyPure Bowling Green, clients receive the following rehab services for overcoming addiction. Here are some of the most important parts of our treatment program, and they include:
- Medical detoxification to relieve withdrawal symptoms as well as round-the-clock assistance from physicians who specialize in addiction withdrawal
- Physical and psychological evaluations given by trained healthcare professionals to address undiagnosed psychological disorders or health issues
- Counseling and psychotherapy sessions designed to provide patients with life skills and coping strategies to successfully complete the cocaine addiction treatment program
- Therapies such as motivational interviewing are used to hone a patient’s self-awareness of the consequences and risks associated with addictive behavior.
- Holistic treatments designed to nourish the mind, body, and spirit.
- Ongoing support and aftercare programs help keep clients focused and accountable so they can manage stress so that may trigger a relapse.
After finishing detox, we provide people with counseling, medically supportive care, and holistic therapies to reduce cravings, as well as improve overall health and well-being. We are there every step of the way in order to give all of our clients the best possible chance of achieving long-term recovery.
Getting Help At Our Methadone Rehab in Kentucky
If you think that you or your loved one may have a problem with methadone and they need rehab in Kentucky, then call JourneyPure Bowling Green today.
Our trained, caring, and knowledgeable staff is standing by to help you in any way that they can. They know exactly what it is that you are currently going through and they want nothing more but to help you through this trying time. There is no need to continue to suffer. Please call JourneyPure today.