Trauma Informed Care
As one of the nation’s leading rehabilitation facilities, JourneyPure Bowling Green offers evidence-based treatments supported by scientific research l and with proven success treating addictions related to alcohol and drug abuse as well as co-occurring mental and behavioral health issues. We practice the Medical Model, which incorporates evidence-based treatments of the Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment and a Trauma-Informed approach.
What Is The Medical Model Of Addiction?
The Medical Model of addiction, also referred to as the “disease model,” is a modern theory of the addiction cycle. This approach suggests that there are biological, psychological, and sociological factors underlying addiction. Grounding our treatment in the Medical Model helps us identify and resolve the hidden issues that lead to addiction.
Treatment Options Based on the Medical Model of Addiction
Because of the uniquely personal nature of drug and alcohol addiction and our philosophical belief and understanding of the Medical Model, we provide a thoroughly customized treatment program to meet the needs of each individual patient in recovery. These programs include one-on-one, group, spiritual, and experiential therapies.
We employ a variety of proven addiction modalities in our group and individual sessions including Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, EDMR, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and Twelve-Step facilitation.
How To Know If You Need Help?
It can be difficult to know whether the development of substance abuse in your life signals a bad phase, youthful experimentation or something more dire. Addiction can develop quickly or over years of regular substance use. If you suspect that your drug or alcohol consumption has become problematic and difficult to manage on your own, then we recommend that you seek help.
Do you need addiction treatment? Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the use of alcohol or drugs damaging your relationships, reputation or performance?
- Is your behavior evasive?
- Are you being dishonest with people?
- Do you find being sober to be more physically or emotionally uncomfortable than being intoxicated or high?
- Are your addictions taking the place of hobbies, friends, or activities?
- Are substances interfering with your responsibilities?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you probably need support for addiction. At JourneyPure Bowling Green, we are here to help.
Ways We Can Help
The treatment program at JourneyPure Bowling Green starts with medically supervised detox before proceeding through customized therapies that adhere to the Medical Model of addiction treatment. After treatment, we offer a comprehensive aftercare program. Our integrated treatment approach addresses the totality of addiction and because all patients are different, every program is tailored to their individual needs.
Our experienced and compassionate staff develop personalized recovery plans for each patient. Our treatment goals include relieving the negative side effects of detox, uncovering the underlying causes of substance abuse, and teaching the tools to help alleviate anxiety, stress, and other symptoms that can lead to relapse.
- What you can expect: Four individual weekly therapy sessions led by highly-trained clinicians who help you identify the underlying reasons for your addiction.
- 24/7 access to recovery coaches who provide a consistent source of support and comfort.
- Comprehensive offering of therapies to address physical, psychological, emotional and social needs and promote long-term recovery including trauma recovery, motivational interviewing, and wellness. Practical approach to handling daily challenges by utilizing proven coping skills for managing stress, anxiety and cravings.
Why Addiction Treatment Is Urgent
The root causes of addiction can lead to fatal consequences if left untreated. At JourneyPure Bowling Green, we’re here to help you remove obstacles to your recovery and provide you with the necessary skills for a lifetime of happiness and health.
Even if your past attempts at rehab have been unsuccessful, we encourage you to contact us. We’re committed to helping you find the best treatment plan with an honest desire to help you recover.
Contact Us Today
Let us help. Speak with one of our compassionate counselors today if you or a loved one is suffering from drug or alcohol addiction.